Tuesday, April 4, 2017

March 2nd Post

As mentioned in my last post, I finished cooking all my recipes. Now it's the time to put everything into the cookbook software! I revised some of my ingredients especially the amount of it after testing the recipes out and corrected it. I added the steps and make it as clear as possible so that it is easy to follow. Last but not least, I added the pictures of the finished products! Here is a sample page:
Then, the hardest part came: choosing a title. The main selling point of my cookbook is that the recipes are designed to be healthy, easy to make, affordable, and delicious. I want to come up with a title that incorporates these elements. In addition, I want to let the readers know which recipe is specially designed for which specific element. Hence, I came up with an acronym  - SNAP- Speedy, Nutritious, Affordable, and Palatable. SNAP is an easy word to remember because of "Snapchat", a very popular social media. The title will be something like "SNAP: Speedy, Nutritious, Affordable, and Palatable Recipes". I also linked each of the element to a picture logo, and put the specific logo that the recipe is designed for under each recipe. For example, you can see from the picture above that there is a tongue logo. The tongue means it is very delicious. Most of the recipes have 2 logos attached.  Here's the logos that represent the 4 elements: 
I also finished the introduction pages in my cookbook. It includes the purpose of this cookbook, how I came up with this project, explaining the SNAP system, giving credits, and more. My next step is to finalize everything, look at the printing procedure, and actually printing the cookbooks! Can't wait for the finished product :)





1 comment:

  1. This is so great, Joy! I love it! I will definitely be purchasing a copy.

    ReplyDelete