Saturday, March 4, 2017

February 2nd Post

Last week, I met with FOCUS to see if there is any service opportunities available for them. I thought it would be great if FOUS can bake the dessert for the upcoming Joseph's house trip since we need someone to take over the dessert anyway. I came up with the idea of making oatmeal chocolate chips cookies since we already have a lot of basic ingredients and a lot of oats in our storage box and wouldn't need to buy other ingredients. I gathered volunteers from FOCUS to bake on Friday afternoon. Everything went smoothly- everyone cooperated, got involved, helped each other out, and most importantly the cookies turned out delicious. The cookies were very healthy too. See pictures below.

I also met with Ms Mossop to discuss future Joseph's House trips. There is one in May in which there is no adult chaperone yet and Ms Mossop asks me to see if I can find a club that is willing to do it with their own club advisor. For this trip, I will also use my own recipe and gather all ingredients on my own. I will meet with her again next week to confirm and to show her my progress in the cookbook. During spring break, I will test out some more recipes from my cookbook! 

Pics from FOCUS baking:





No comments:

Post a Comment